Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Tendon Bad

It seems like my blogging in the last bit has been mostly about my injuries and this one will start with an update on my shoulder. I had an ultrasound done on the 31st and I am able to see my results online. It showed the following:

1) Subscapularis: Partial-thickness tear of the superior fibers measuring 10 x 8 mm.

2) Supraspinatus: Full-thickness, partial-width tear of the anterior/mid tendon measuring 17 x 15 mm.

3) Partial-thickness intrasubstance tear of the posterior tendon measuring 9 x 6 mm. Diffuse moderate tendinosis.

What does this mean? I don’t know yet but my doctor’s office phoned me to book an appointment right after the results were available. I am scheduled to meet him on Monday to go over the results and hopefully come up with next steps nit only for my shoulder but also my hip issues.

I am trying to remain positive but it is getting harder to do as it seems like it is one thing after another. I am also at a crossroads as how to accomplish some of my goals without causing more damage. I am going to have to evaluate this more now as I don’t think I have been doing myself any favors these past couple of months.

On a positive note , I may be able to make class on Monday depending on when I fly out out again. My work schedule is a bit crazy right now and I will be away for the next while except a couple of weekends in between. I will not be at the next live class as I will be away for work once again. The only day I know I will be home for sure is Saturday September 12th (the next live class after this one. I will give another update after my doctor’s appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment