Wednesday, August 19, 2026

The Struggle

I am currently in the middle of the Yukon at an exploration camp. It is interesting as there is no service, no washrooms and the lunch room is a shack basically. There is Wi-Fi but it does cut out intermittently so I am pretty much disconnected from the world right now.

I seem to have aggravated my shoulder again this time and it is likely from trying to do too much. I am hopeful it isn’t anything too serious. Training has become a lot more difficult these last couple of weeks due to travel and limited space but I continue to do what I can, when I can because even a little is still progress.

As for work, I will be home on Friday but will be leaving either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and will then be gone until September 11th. Once again, this will see me travelling to 4 different sites in the Yukon and then a fly in camp in Nunavut. With all the travel I do, you would think I would be used to training away from home but it is never easy and sometimes it feels almost impossible. This year, started out well but it is seeming more and more difficult as the year goes on. It might be the injuries or the inconsistent travel but I need to reset myself and try to refocus on doing what I can. Easier said than done sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment