So the continuing saga with my issues is I now scheduled to do a bone scan on my hips to see how much calcium buildup is in the joints. This procedure will happen on August 25th. From here, I am not sure what the next step will be but at least I am still moving forward. As far as the shoulder goes, I am to start physical therapy to see if I can strengthen the joint and avoid surgery which is a much better option I believe as the recovery can be quite a long time.
As for my training, I have to put off doing push-ups of any type as they may be causing more damage. So, to make up for this, I am doubling my sit-ups. It is not giving me the same benefit as doing push-ups but it is adding an extra challenge as that is a lot of sit-ups in a day. I also have to stop with my bench and will now shift focus to Da Mu Hsing as my second form. This year is definitely forcing me to adapt on the fly.
In between all of this, my work is going crazy right now so I will be away quite a bit for the next month or so. I am scheduled to be back on September 12th for the Kao Shi live class but will miss this week’s live class. This creates a challenge with trying to get in to see a physical therapist but I am home
No comments:
Post a Comment