Well if all goes well with weather, I should hopefully make it back home tomorrow. I say this because we had some snow up here today and this is the time of year where you can get heavy fog and/or low clouds which will not allow planes to land. I am hoping for the best but am prepared to be here for a bit longer as well. The longest I was delayed for weather was 3 days but that was due to a blizzard so not there yet.
On a different note, I am excited about my next Sanda seminar coming up. I had a lot of fun with the last one and am hoping that some of the same people are able to attend this one. I am also hoping that more new people show up to this one as it will really help not only with your sparring but your movements. I feel I am in a better place this year as well because of the work I have been putting in on my forms. Even though, I have some injuries, I do feel that I am moving better myself and I feel my flow is better now. This may only be true to me but it still has me in a better mindset this year.
I just realized as I was writing this, that is has been 6 weeks since I have been at the Kwoon. I made it back for the Saturday of the parade in Edmonton and one other weekend (home for 5 days total). That is such a long length of time when you look at it over the course of a year (over 11%). Training is not what it should be because I find being around the Kwoon inspires me to do more. The nice thing about the Seminar is I will be around for those 6 Saturdays in a row and even if I am gone during the week, I will still be back for them. Hopefully I will see some of you reading this there.
No comments:
Post a Comment